Welcome to The Mountaineers Gear Library reservation system!
This website allows Gear Library members to schedule equipment rentals for their Mountaineers courses, personal adventures, and group outings.
Not yet a Gear Library member? Visit our website to learn more about how to sign-up and start renting gear.
Steps to reserve gear:
- Make sure you are an active Gear Library member. Not sure? Email us at email@example.com.
- Search our inventory and add available gear to your cart.
- Select your pick-up appointment time and submit your request. Mountaineers staff will follow-up to confirm your reservation and appointment time.
- Pick-up your gear at our Seattle Program Center during your scheduled appointment. We'll schedule a return time during pick-up, typically 7-10 days later.
- Have a blast outside! We love to see pictures of our gear in action and appreciate any photos you can share.
- Return the gear clean and dry during your scheduled appointment. Follow the aftercare instructions you receive with your rental.
- Start planning your next adventure!
You are responsible for gear that is lost or damaged due to negligent use. Our Gear Library staff inspects each piece of gear when it is returned and will write an invoice for the cost of any necessary replacement or repair. View our Gear Replacement & Repair Price List for additional information.
Supporting the Gear Library:
The support of volunteers makes the Gear Library a stronger program and we appreciate your contributions. Help us by:
- Volunteering with the gear library. We always need assistance organizing, inventorying, cleaning, and repairing gear. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
- Donating gently used gear. We accept gear in good condition that is 5 years old or newer. Donated gear will either be directly loaned through the Gear Library or resold with the proceeds benefiting the Gear Library. Please refer to this guide regarding what we can currently accept.
- Donating to The Mountaineers. Gear inevitably wears out and breaks. Your financial support keeps our programs running and allows us to purchase new items!
Questions? Please get in touch!
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Call us at 206-521-6025.